Current Board member Baird has received the unanimous endorsement from fellow CA directors and state chairs to take up the charge next February, making him the fourth chair in less than 18 months.
Australia play India in three One-day internationals in Sydney and Canberra from Nov. 27, followed by three Twenty20's from Dec. 4.
Strauss said that with players of different nationalities and races now sharing dressing rooms more than ever, cricketers will have to be more guarded in what they say and do.
Several high-profile international cricketers have pulled out of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) due to the overlapping of dates with other franchise-based tournaments and many cricket boards denying permission to their players to compete in domestic T20 competitions.
Spinner Adil Rashid returns to both T20 and ODI squads after missing the series against India to make The Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca.
In a bid to save its New Year fixture between India and Australia, the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust has offered to host the Brisbane Test too, if the Queensland government refuse to grant exemptions to the teams returning from New South Wales.
With a massive 1,608 runs in the WTC 2021-2023 cycle, Khawaja was the major reason Australia qualified for the WTC final.
Fresh from a crushing win over local favourites Delhi Daredevils, in-form New South Wales will take on English team Sussex in their second group B match of the inaugural Champions League Twenty20 cricket tournament in New Delhi on Sunday.
A CA director for 13 years, Eddings replaced David Peever in 2018 as interim chairman after the former mining executive resigned following the release of a scathing cultural review into the Newlands ball-tampering scandal.
The former Australia opener said health concerns rather than a reduced New South Wales contract were the main reason for his retirement.
No decision yet on the fate of the Sydney Test, which starts December 26, but for us the tour is still on, says the Board of Control for Cricket in India secretary, Sanjay Patel.
Australian bowler Sean Abbott returned to action with New South Wales.
Australian bowler Sean Abbott, who bowled the bouncer that led to the death of Phillip Hughes, is set to return to action.
A 25-strong Indian squad, led by captain Virat Kohli, landed in Sydney on Thursday for a gruelling two-month Australia tour which starts with a 14-day quarantine-cum-training period on the outskirts of the city.
The four nation women's ODI tournament in India starts next month.
In what probably would have been the toughest day for Sean Abbott, whose bouncer was responsible for batsman Phillip Hughes's death, the media respected the pacer's sentiments by maintaining a distance.
The six-day lockdown in South Australia to contain COVID-19 cases has improved Adelaide's chances of remaining the venue of the first day-night Test between India and Australia from December 17 even though the situation remains fluid
The new high for attendees wasn't the only record achieved during the successful 2023 World Cup, with the event also breaking a host of broadcast and digital viewership records.
For the India tour, Zampa will be fighting for a spot with veteran offspinner Nathan Lyon.
Soccer's top flight Premier League and the English Football League (EFL) had already announced they were postponing their next round of fixtures.
Hockley was thankful they did not have to introduce vaccine mandates for players and that the idea was "almost irrelevant" due to the vaccination rate.
Polosak, a fixture in men's club matches in Sydney, will take the field with veteran umpire Paul Wilson at Hurstville Oval, where Australian pace bowler Mitchell Starc is also expected to feature for the Blues.
Warner is poised to wrap up his Test cricket journey with the upcoming third Test against Pakistan at the iconic Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
New Zealand's cricketers have been warned to be wary of 'honey traps', which could be laid by sophisticated match fixing syndicates and betting chiefs during the upcoming ODI World Cup.
While former Delhi skipper Mithun Manhas will be the chief coach, Klusener's appointment is certainly the most high profile among the support staff across domestic teams.
Fans, cricketers and administrators remembered Player No 408 as #63 was trending through the morning.
Australia have received a major boost less than a month before the start of the Ashes with the news that captain Michael Clarke will return to action for New South Wales on Tuesday, subject to a final fitness Test on his injured back.
The Australia Test leg spinner had a heated exchange with an umpire during a one-day game.
'It won't diminish the IPL, it will only grow them as a brand.'
Sean Abbott, the Australian fast bowler who delivered the ball that killed Phillip Hughes, has made a remarkable return to cricket, helping New South Wales beat Queensland on Friday.
Indian origin spinner Arjun Nair has been named in Cricket Australia's 18-member National Performance Squad for the upcoming Quadrangular Winter 'A' Series, which will also feature India 'A', Australia 'A' and South Africa 'A', starting August 13.
Sean Abbott alone will decide whether he wants to return to first class cricket at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Tuesday, two weeks after his short-pitched delivery felled Phillip Hughes at the same wicket, according to his state team.
A recall for one-Test paceman Pat Cummins has been a long time coming but New South Wales captain Moises Henriques believes it still might be too soon for the bowler he considers a "freak of nature".
The fourth Test will be played from January 5-9 at the SCG, with Australia having retained the Ashes after winning the first three games.
"It's a thrilling new format and a match that is working towards a greater good."
Former India opener Virender Sehwag says bowlers will lose a weapon if bouncers are banned.
Australian sport was reeling in shock after Phillip Hughes suffered a serious head injury while batting in a domestic cricket match on Tuesday.
Australia's pace spearhead Mitchell Starc is confident he will be fit to take on South Africa in next month's first test after declaring himself available for a domestic Sheffield Shield match on Thursday.
While Australia's top cricketers were in attendance, the real eye-catchers of evening were their stunning wives and girlfriends. Take a look.
The family of Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes walked out of an inquest into his death on Friday after a submission from the lawyer for Cricket Australia that the coroner should not rule on claims the batsman been subject to threatening language. Hughes was hit on the back of the neck by a rising delivery when playing for South Australia in a domestic match at the Sydney Cricket Ground on November 25, 2014. He died two days later in a Sydney hospital.